Why the greenway?
Why is the Northend Greenway important for Harrisonburg to develop now? There are so many reasons! Here are few:
- It develops Harrisonburg’s bike and pedestrian infrastructure.
- It provides access to public green space in areas without nearby city parks.
- It connects neighborhoods with downtown businesses.
- It supports healthy and safe transportation choices.
- It gives children and families safe and naturally beautiful spaces for recreation.
- It’s proven to increase neighborhood safety and build relationships between residents.
- It encourages appreciation of the natural world.
- Large sections of the path are undeveloped, making this a good time to create community infrastructure.
- It will model effective alternative transportation infrastructure for Harrisonburg.
Tell us why you think Harrisonburg needs the Northend Greenway with the form in the sidebar. We’d love to hear why you’re excited about the greenway! We might even post it here on the website…